Aburi Drying Center
Creating Sustainable Value with Solar Powered Drying Centers in Ghana.Read more
Local Challenges & Needs
- lack of logistics
- limited access to the market
- partial sale of the pineapple production
- decoupled from the economy of Accra
- low level of education
- low salary level
What We Do
Drying Centers with VARSBOX Dryers
How do VARSBOX dryers work?
- gas separation membranes produce nitrogen gas from the ambient air
- based on a heat pump
- reduces oxidation reaction
- mobile and closed system with photovoltaic system
- operation independent of weather conditionsm
Green Energy on Site
Sun Photovoltaic Container
The mobile VARSBOX Sun Photovoltaic Container supplies the VARSBOX dryer with regenerative energy from solar power for on-site drying that is independent of the power grid.
Powerful solarpanels and a high capacity lithium-ion-battery guarantee a 24/7 drying operation.
- solarpanels with 12 kilowatt peak power
- 50 kilowatt-hour lithium-ion-battery for all night operation of the VARSBOX Dryer
- Solar cells can be extended and retracted mechanically and stowed completely in the container
Creating Value for Everyone
The drying centers for pineapples create value locally under strict guidelines for sustainable development.